Tel: 086 3218033
I am a skilled multi-media communicator and a career driven videographer from Ireland, currently completing my Bluebook Traineeship with the European Commission. Key to my success has been my ability to communicate through storytelling, engaging the listener through a variety of mediums including: writing, filming and editing. While having a competitive technical background in audio and video editing I also have several years of experience working with CMS systems and website management.
European Commission – Bluebook Trainee: DG Climate Action October 2018 – Present
· Create internal videos for commission’s intranet.
· Create visuals and manage content for DG Climate action’s Social Media accounts (YouTube, Twitter, Instagram).
· Organise daily press review using news gathering tool on information related to climate action.
· Report on external contractor meetings.
· Film speeches for conferences abroad.
· Currently directing video for EU’s Largest lesson.
Skillsoft – Multi Media Analyst Feb 2018– October 2018
· Worked on-set with directors and actors, under pressure for time, to ensure scripts were adhered to in terms of accuracy, flow, and content. Ensured the content works from a script, acting, and wardrobe perspective also.
· Worked with the Production Director to ensure that all required video shoots were scheduled as per master schedule.
· Ensured relevant scripts were available as per required timelines.
· Communicated with all stakeholders and external contractors, to ensure all aspects of scripts were understood from a production standpoint.
· Raised awareness where scripts did not work from video production perspective and putting forward solutions.
· Worked in tandem with Production Director and partners to continually assess and review inputs (scripts, pre-production, filming, post-production etc,) and outputs (final videos) to ensure ongoing improvements were made - improvements measurable in terms of timelines, numbers of edits at review, number of required reviews, etc.
· Provided training to internal and external production teams as needed.
· Adobe Premier Pro, After Effects, Audition, Photoshop, Illustrator and Animate CC
Fitout Interiors – Content Creator/Graphic Designer June 2017– Nov 2017
· Created video, written and graphic content (brochures) for the online store Fitout Direct to attract multi-million euro blue chip clients.
· Organize, design and manage Mailchimp campaigns and target potential clients.
· Managed Shopify Ecommerce website and back end.
· Professional use of Illustrator, Photoshop and Premier Pro (Adobe Creative) to create brochures, pamphlets and online content.
· Writing and editing material for mood boards and interior designs.
· Improve website SEO.
· Oversaw hiring of freelance developers for our Liquid Shopify template website.
· Photo staging for product display.
Gill Publishing – Digital Support Administrator (Temp contract) Sept 2016 – Nov 2016
· Solving technical issues via phone calls and liaising with teachers, principals, IT administrators and parents.
· Importing large schoolbook orders from schools using Excel.
· Assisting the sales team in setting up school's ebook systems.
· Troubleshooting a variant of technical issues over a variety of platforms and systems.
Squarespace - Customer Operations Agent Feb 2015 – Apr 2016
· Provide customer support via CRM (Salesforce/Zendesk) for European market providing technical, design and SEO assistance for customer’s websites.
· Hiring new foreign language agents. Evaluating the language used in the hiring assessment to ensure the applicants possessed the required skill level and language proficiency.
· Liaising with teams in New York and Portland.
· Working with the Social media team; responding to Customer’s product questions and scheduling update Twitter posts.
Digital Journalism MA – Dublin Institute of Technology 2:1 Grade Upper division Sep 2013 – Oct 2015
· Trained to use editing software; Photoshop, Premier Pro, Pro Tools, InDesign etc. Often required to edit video and audio. Basic knowledge of Java and HTML code through code academy.
· Given basic background to, and details of, Irish media and libel law.
· Trained in sub-editing, headline writing, and search engine optimization.
· First Class honours for thesis titled ‘An analysis of the forms of communication used by PIRA prisoners during the 1980-1981 hunger strikes’.
University College Dublin: BA – English/History 2.1 Grade Upper division Sep 2010-Aug 2013
· Extensive research and writing required, honed analytical and research skills.
Terenure College: Leaving Certificate – 505 points Sep 2004 – Sep 2010
Fluent Irish language speaker
Videographer at MenuPages.ie Dec 2014 – Jan 2015
Professionally organised, directed, filmed and edited from conception to completion, promotional videos for various restaurants including; Chameleon Indonesian Restaurant and Chai Yo Teppanyak
Videographer (Freelance) - Creative Mornings
Filmed and edited talks given by creative writers and entrepreneurs.
Videographer (Freelance) - Daily Mail Group
Organised, scripted and edited video pieces for online magazine to boost social media traffic for Extra.ie.
Writer and Director of ‘Once More for Toby Jugg’ (Smock Alley) Mar 2016
‘Sad F**k Pub’ (Galway Fringe Festival) July/Aug 2016
· Wrote, cast and directed plays that have been staged in Dublin’s Smock Alley Theatre and the Galway Fringe festival.
Short Film : Korri Reads the Stars
Wrote, directed, cast and edited my first short film that received special selection at the Elevation Indie Film Awards.